Poteau District Information
The mission of Poteau Public Schools, in cooperation with the community, is to create safe, productive schools that ensure academic excellence and develop responsible citizens.
I.Academic Achievement and Citizenship
Students graduating from Poteau Public Schools will demonstrate competency in
- Reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Mathematics, science and technology
- Citizenship, including the value of family and community
- Use of leisure time and appreciation of the arts and culture
- Physical fitness, health and safety
- Economic principles, including management of time, money, property and natural resources
- Sense of self respect, worth and accomplishments
- Career decision-making skills for productive employment
- Value learning as a life-long endeavor
II. School Climate
Poteau Public Schools will provide safe, productive environments conducive to learning and growth. Disciplined and safe schools are accomplished in part by maintaining a zero tolerance for violence, threatening behavior, and drug and alcohol use.