Title VII Program
Title VII is a federally funded program through the Department of Education operating within the Office of Indian Education in Washington, D.C. Funds go directly to local programs to meet academic, social, and cultural needs, as well as college and career planning. All students of Native American descent are eligible to participate whose tribe is recognized by the federal government. Eligibility does not consider income level. Procedures for enrolling your school-age child as a recipient of the program begin with the completion of a Title VII Student Eligibility Certification Form (506), which may be obtained at any Poteau school office. This form must be approved by the federal program office prior to services.
Johnson-O’Malley Program (JOM)
Diane Tillery, JOM / Indian Education Director
Julie Marvin JOM / Indian Education Corrdinator
National JOM Awards
2023 Dr. Bobbi Gillham - East Central At-Large Region 3 & 4 Teacher of the Year
2023 Poteau JOM - Region 3, Honorary Mention Exemplary Program
2022 Julie Marvin - Region 3A Teacher of the Year
2021 Poteau JOM - Region 3A Exemplarary Program
JOM enrollment at PHS is 181 students and 672 students in the Poteau School District.
Our District is 30% Native Students.
Johnson-O’Malley is a federally funded program through the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Office of Indian Education in Washington D.C.. Funds provide academic tutoring, counseling, student fieldtrips, and cultural activities. To be eligible for services under JOM, you must submit a copy of your child's Certified Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) Card, or tribal membership card. Eligibility does not consider income level.
- Academic/Cultural Resources
- Assistance Completing Scholarship and Award Applications
- Choctaw Nation Higher Education Program
- Choctaw Nation High School Student Services
- Choctaw STAR Program
- Choctaw Student School and Activity Fund
- College and Career Counseling
- Driver's Ed Reimbursement (Pre-Approved)
- Fees for ACT/SAT/AP/PSAT Testing Reimbursement (Pre-Approved)
- Senior Cap and Gown Reimbursement (Pre-Approved)
- Tutoring in Reading and Math